Andy Hudson Agility Résumé

Above photo of Kizzy at DINAS 2010 by Patch Guipago.

This blog is to illustrate some examples of courses that I have designed and judged.

I have been competing in agility since 1991 and judging since 1995. Over the years I have judged all levels along with most of the major UK finals:

Pedigree Team, Pairs & YKC Finals – 2004

Pedigree Olympia Mini semi-finals – 2004

Dogs in Need Small and Medium Finals – 2006

Kennel Club Olympia Finals – 2006

Kennel Club Olympia Large/Medium semi-finals – 2007

Agility Club Finals – 2008

Jutlandia Cup Finals – 2009 (including two days days of judging other classes)

Crufts Championship Finals – 2010

UKA Masters Finals - 2010

Tug-E-Nuff Performance Challenge Final - 2010

My first championship appointment was at Thames Agility show in 2004 and I have now completed a total of eight championship appointments incorporating all three height categories.

I have owned border collies for many years and more recently have acquired my first sheltie. She is a little star and had a great start to her agility career in 2008 winning 20 1st places and the Dogs in Need small novice final. She continued to do well in 2009 winning into Grade 7 and has competed in 3 champ classes during 2010. I am a regular trainer at the agility training school I run with my wife, Nancy, and we are fortunate to have some really good teams training at the school. This I find really helpful and inspirational when thinking of sequences to put in courses for judging appointments.

I haven’t competed very much in 2010 as I have been studying sports massage, alongside my day job as an architect. This has taken up a huge amount of time and energy. I am now practising from home in sports massage (alongside the architectural practice) and together with a colleague took a trade stand at the KC Festival which was very well received amongst the competitors.

Thursday 28 October 2010

European Open Team GB Qualifier

It was a pleasure to judge this event and I really enjoyed watching some of our best dogs and handlers try out for the finals.

Here are the four courses that I designed and judged for the EO Team GB try outs in April 2008, please click on an image to enlarge:








No comments:

Post a Comment